Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fresh Mozz

The cheese stand at the Sunday Hollywood Farmers Market that carries Winchester Gouda is now also carrying a delicious fresh mozzarella di bufala made by a dairy in Chino. They have both big and mini-balls of the stuff and it all tastes creamy and fresh. The mozz is usually made the day before the market, so it's as fresh as can be. They also have fresh buffalo ricotta and a few aged and smoked buffalos, but for me, there is nothing like the rich, solid cream feel of fresh buffalo mozzarella.

Check it out!


The stand is at the north end of the Sunday morning Hollywood Farmers Market (on Ivar, between Selma and Hollywood Blvd.), on the west side of the street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been so tempted to buy their buffalo mozzarella every time I walk by their stand at the Santa Monica FM -- now it's only a matter of time!

I once used their mild gouda in a quiche, and it was outstanding.

sku said...

Have you tried the aged Gouda? Great stuff...sweet yet sharp with a beautifully crystalized texture like a Parm-Reg.

The goudas are from Winchester Dairy and the Mozz is actually from a different dairy in Chino, but both are sold by the same Farmers Market vendor.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, their aged is great, too, and I liked flavored ones, as well. Maybe for me next quiche, I'll get even more adventurous. :)