Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mo' Better Meaty Meat Market: El Gaucho Meat Market II

Frequent Chowhound poster Das Ubergeek turned me on to El Gaucho Meat Market II in Anaheim. This market and deli sells Argentinian sandwiches, and as with most Argentinian food, the beef is what's best.

I've had many milanesa sandwiches in my day, but El Gaucho's really stood out. The beef was crispy and still had a good beefy flavor to it. The white roll was crusty and light and the toppings didn't dominate, as can happen with milanesa, and it stood up well to the house chimichurri sauce.

The skirt steak filled sandwich de entraƱa was excellent as well, with thin slices of skirt steak on the same roll. The strong beefy smell alone was enough to make me swoon.

I was not as much a fan of the beef roll sandwich matambre, consisting of an egg and vegetables encased in beef. I found the flavors in this clashed a bit. I will, however, return for the chorizo.

Next time you're in Anaheim, check it out.


El Guacho Meat Market II
847 S State College Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 776-6400

No comments: