Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brandy Friday: Bang for Your Buck Brandy -- Fillioux Cognac Balzac VSOP

In an age of inflated spirit prices, there is something wonderful about a great drink at a good price. Jean Fillioux is one of my favorite Cognac houses, and I can't say I've ever had one of their brandies that I didn't love. At $35 to $40, though, the Fillioux Balzac VSOP is probably the best bang for your buck in the world of Cognac. Like most Fillioux brandies, the nose is pure Cognac -- what else is there to say? The flavor is rich and sweet, less wine like than some Cognacs, but fruity nonetheless. This is a smooth drinker, and one of the best deals around, so rest assured that drinking well doesn't have to mean breaking the bank.

Now, if you want to spend an excessive amount of money, tune in for the next Whiskey Wednesday, and I'll help you out.

No comments: